What is a labiaplasty?
As the body ages, the labia minora often stretches out and extends, causing discomfort during everyday activities such as riding a bike, having intercourse or doing yoga. Pregnancy may also play a part in distorting the female vaginal region.
With labiaplasty, the labia minora as well as the labia majora are recontoured and reduced, resulting in increased pleasure and well being for the client. Asymmetry and irregularities are also corrected. The procedure can relieve pain, itchiness and irritation, while boosting self-confidence.
What can I expect from this procedure?
Labiaplasty is performed either under general anesthesia, or under local anesthesia with oral sedation. Dr. Shermak will work with you during your private consultation to determine the best choice of anesthesia for your needs.
Dr. Shermak will place minute incisions on the inside of the labia, through which she will excise the excess tissue. The edges are then reshaped and closed with absorbable sutures.
Why choose Dr. Shermak for your labiaplasty?
As a female physician, Dr. Shermak is acutely attuned to the subtleties and nuances of the female form, and is able to connect with her clients on an emotional level, creating the safety and trust that fosters a successful operation.
Dr. Shermak is also an authority on body contouring and has created her own surgical atlas (published in NY by McGraw Hill) that is used by her peers and colleagues as a major resource in innovative body sculpting techniques. She lectures frequently both domestically and internationally, and contributes to peer-reviewed scientific journals and medical textbooks.
Moving forward with your Baltimore, Maryland labiaplasty
The first step is to schedule a confidential consultation with Dr. Shermak in the privacy of her Baltimore office suites. During this initial session, the doctor will examine you physically, review your medical and surgical records, record any medications your might be taking, and have a look at prior cosmetic treatments you have undergone.
She will then conduct a thorough Q and A session, delving into your concerns in depth to provide you with the information and education needed to move forward with confidence. Finally, the doctor will create a customized treatment plan fitted to your aesthetic goals and will describe the steps required to achieve these goals in detail.
You will have the chance to review our library of before and after photography during the consultation as well, so that you can better visualize the kind of results that you can achieve with labiaplasty.
®Michele Shermak Plastic Surgery. All rights reserved.
Baltimore Web Design & Internet Marketing by Studio III
We are officially open, thanks to Governor Hogan!
We welcome new patients and are looking forward to performing elective surgical procedures, starting the week of May 11.
This is a new day, with new safety protocols. Our goal is to keep everyone safe and respect the continued risk COVID-19 presents. For this reason, we will be instituting the following protocols:
- We will have Sandy stationed at our entryway with sterilizer and a COVID-19 survey for our new patients to fill out. Sandy will also check your temperature and collect your paperwork at the door – our medical intake form can be filled out prior to your coming to the office, or you can fill it out after you arrive.
- Please bring a mask for any in-office visits. If you are coming for surgery, please bring a paper mask if you have one. For any other visits, cloth masks or paper masks are fine.
- We need any patient waiting to be seen to wait in your car until we can safely accommodate you in an exam room. We need to respect social distancing and are spacing our patients out to assure safety.
- We can only allow the patient to come in to the office for examination. Friends or family will need to wait outside the office.
- For those assisting our postoperative patients on the day of surgery: we ask that you kindly wait in your car and we will call you in to discuss postoperative instructions.
- I am continuing to schedule Virtual Consultations which is exciting and new! Check out my Resources section or header at drshermak.com to get started!
I look forward to seeing you soon!