Liposuction and Recovery
Taking care of your body is one of the best investments you can make. Even with the best intentions, and focusing on a healthy lifestyle, you may still have stubborn pockets of fat that refuse to respond to diet and exercise. Instead of beating yourself up, perhaps it’s time to take control and resculpt your figure with liposuction.
Liposuction can help to contour stubborn areas of your body, remove excess fatty tissue, and give your confidence a boost in the process. If you’ve decided to do something about excess fat and are considering liposuction from Dr. Michele Shermak, here are a few things you need to know.
- Board-certified plastic surgeon in Baltimore, Dr. Michele Shermak, is a master in liposuction procedures and has lectured about best practices and cutting-edge techniques both in the United States and across the globe. She has helped countless patients achieve a more attractive figure with liposuction.
- Liposuction is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed in the United States.
- Liposuction is designed to remove pockets of fatty tissue in the body which do not respond to diet and exercise. Using small, discreetly placed incisions, liposuction can help shape and recontour areas of the body by removing fat cells in the target areas. Once removed from your body, the extracted fat cells are gone for good.
- Liposuction may be used to remove unwanted fat cells from the hips, inner and outer thighs, abdomen, back, chest, love handles, arms, neck, and knees. Dr. Shermak has extensive experience in advanced liposuction techniques and offers a fully-customized procedure designed to produce exceptional results.
- Liposuction is performed as an outpatient procedure in the privacy and comfort of our state-of-the-art outpatient surgical center. Dr. Shermak will make small, carefully placed incisions through which a cannula (hollow needle) will be inserted. This cannula will be used to gently suction out unwanted fatty tissue from areas with an excess. After the target zone reaches the slimmer, more defined look you envision, the treatment is complete.
- Gentle walks after your liposuction in Baltimore will encourage circulation to speed the healing process. You may experience mild to moderate swelling, bruising, soreness, or numbness in the days and weeks following your surgery. Dr. Shermak will prescribe pain medication to alleviate any discomfort. Compression garments should be worn to reduce post-operative swelling and aid in healing. Most patients find they are ready to work in a week following their procedure. You can resume more vigorous exercise in approximately two to three weeks, after being given the go-ahead by Dr. Shermak.
Dr. Michele Shermak is recognized as being among the top board-certified plastic surgeons practicing in Maryland. Her kind, compassionate demeanor is matched by her outstanding surgical skills and artistry in body sculpting. She will work with you to achieve your vision for your body. You’ll be amazed at the boost in confidence you experience when the unwanted fatty deposits are gone forever!